Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Kitchen

If we are all honest, we all have a favorite room in our house.  For some it's the living room.  Others might have an office or hobby room.  There is another group who love their kitchen.  I am NOT one of those!  HAHAHA!  To be honest, I very much dislike my kitchen.  Don't get me wrong, I love how my kitchen looks when it is clean.  The problem is, it's rarely clean!  Not, because I don't clean it, but because we are home all day, and that is the room most used, so it stays in this state of "needing to be cleaned".  That is the main reason I dislike my kitchen.  However, I have another reason....and it is somewhat tied to the cleaning part.....I do not enjoy cooking...most of the time.  If my kitchen is clean and I have the knowledge that someone else will clean when I am done, then I love to cook.  However, cooking just makes a mess, that I have to clean, and I hate cleaning the kitchen!  However, because I am a stay at home mom, I have to cook....so, one of my challenges this year was to search for some "easy" "low mess" recipes that would spice up my recipe box and hopefully aid in my love of cooking.  I have decided as I find family favorites, I will share them.  Here are the first two!


NEW FAMILY FAVORITE BBQ SANDWICH

I found this recipe here, but modified it a small amount. 

Put 2-3 lbs of pork tenderloin in your crockpot
Cover the pork with Root Beer (I use Diet A&W Root Beer)
Cook on LOW for 7-10 hours (I cook for about 8)
 Drain Root Beer 
Mix Meat with your favorite BBQ Sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce)
 Serve on your favorite Bread or Buns (you could also put on a baked potato)



NEW FAVORITE FRUIT SMOOTHIE

I found this recipe on Pinterest



Blend the following together:
1 Cup Diet 7UP
1 Cup Ice
1 Cup Strawberries
1 Cup Bananas




No comments:

Post a Comment